- Is it good for consumers? bad for consumers? Will consumers react positively or negatively?
- Does it sound like the company is moving in the right direction?
- Is the company adjusting course? correcting a failure?
- Does the news point towards a growing company? growing influence of the company? growing market share?
- Can you buy stock in the company? Does it have a parent company? Is it private or public?
- Do you think investing in this company s a good idea?
All classes have completed 3 assignments:
A Survey on Technology Use (hard copy) – 10 pts
A Summer Adventure Story (Google Docs) – 10 pts
We are currently working on Information Integrity: section-Evaluating Sources of Information (Google Docs) – 40 pts
During the past two weeks, we’ve spent time getting to know eachother and establishing classroom norms. I’ve introduced Google Docs to all classes. Google Docs is accessible from home. If you want to see how your child is doing on a particular assignment, they can login and show you. Same with graded assignments as I generally put grades right on the doc.
Click here to submit your student information and ideas for classroom norms.
Login to your Google account by visiting Google Drive. Use the login format of firstname+middleinitial+lastname+ last2digitsofstudedntIDfirstname.lastname@example.org Example: email@example.com
Once you’re logged in, visit Google Classroom, and join your class. Use these codes:
Business – 77mvev
Computer Literacy – jdq8dz
Keyboarding – svsby9j
It was wonderful to see all the new and familiar faces at open house tonight. I hope everyone is as excited as I am for the new school year. If you missed open house, here’s a summary of the information I passed out:
Almost all class content is found on this site. Class updates are posted here too. If you need to know what we’re doing in class, or need the materials related to what we’re doing in class, this is the place to go.
Almost all work for my 7th and 8th grade classes is done using Google Docs. All students in the district have been issued user names and passwords for their newly created Google account which use the gbstu.org domain name. To login to your new account:
- go to www.google.com
- click the “Sign In” button in the upper right corner
- user names follow the format first name/middle initial/last name/last 2 digits of student ID/last 2 digits of graduation year+gbstu.org
- password is your 8-digit birthday
- example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- written directions with images
Most 6th grade work is done at edutyping.com. Account information will be distributed on the first day of class.
All grades for all classes are posted in Synergy.
To contact me, you can email my school email, or call my classroom directly.
I hope you all had a great summer. We’ll start our week with some team building and getting to know you exercises. In business, students will be introduced to the Stock Market Game (SMG). Most of our SMG assignments and activities can be found on the SMG Links page.
In Computer Literacy, we will learning about secure usernames and passwords, school login credentials, and computer hardware and software set up.
In study skills, we will working on getting to know each other and informational reading strategies this week.
This article explains the future growth models for big social media companies.
Why Social Media is Falling Apart – Computer World
Please name the document “Shark Tank May 2″ and share it with me before you leave today.